Every Friday I share a collection of links to free craft tutorials that I find on the internet, focussing on a different theme every week. If you are looking for something specific, use the Search box on the top left.
For the whole month of June, I'm thinking globally with craft tutorials inspired by all different exotic locales. Last week, I featured African inspired crafts and this week I'm turning to Asia.
1. Kicking off this week's round up is the amazing Asian Ottoman Floor Cushion tutorial on Sew4Home. Click the link to learn how to make this ottoman yourself.
2. Click the link to visit Sew4Home to get a tutorial on how to make this Ruched Asian Meditation Pillow - dont't know about you but I'm feeling calmer already. Ommmmmm...
3. Sew4Home has more Asian goodies with a tutorial on how to make this Boxed Asian Floor Pillow.
4. Bring a touch of the East to your interiors with the Asian inspired wall treatment technique with a how-to on BHG.com.
5. Click the link to visit May Arts to learn how to make this Japanese Carp Kite from Japanese papers and ribbon.
6. Click the link to go to MarthaStewart.com to learn how to make these decorated Japanese soaps.
7. Click the link to visit the Lark Books blog where you'll find a tutorial on how to make this Sonoko Wave necklace designed by Sonoko Nozue as excerpted from her book Japanese Beadwork with Sonoko Nozue
8. Katy from No Big Dill shared a tutorial on how to make a fabric crane which she used to make these cute as a button hair clips. Click the link to visit Katy's blog to see how she did it.
9. Click the link to visit Burda Style to learn how to make this Japanese fabric flower with a full tutorial.
10. Heather Mann from Dollar Store Crafts shared a tutorial on how to make this Japanese pendant from Menko cards.
11. Use Japanese decorative paper and a tutorial from the blog Wild Child to make these great magnets. Click the link to get the knowledge.
12. Washi tape has been a huge trend in crafting lately. The Japanese patterned tape has inspired a lot of free tutorials including this list of 27 washi tape tutorials featured on UCreate.
13. Click this link to get my very own tutorial for making this really simple Kokeshi Panel doll that you can use as a lavender sachet.
14. In fact, if you're a doll lover here is a link to a previous Freebie Friday where I featured nothing but free Japanese doll tutorials, including these fab Japanese paper dolls. So really that's 12 links in one!
15. One doll tutorial not included on this list that shouldn't be missed is this free downloadable paper doll template from Paper Thin Personas called Flirty Eyese and Kimono Sleeves.
16. Mollie Johanson shared a tutorial on how to embroider this cute little Chinese lantern on her blog Wild Olive.
17. On her blog, For the Love of Paper, Kimberly Crawford shared a tutorial on how to make these fun paper fortune cookies. Click the link to check it out.
18. Click the link to visit the blog Paper Thin Personas to get a Chinese New Year free downloadable paper doll.
19. Click this link to visit AllAboutYou.com to learn how to make this embroidered Indian elephant and download the free pattern.
They always say "Go West" and I say, "Go East"! At least for this week anyway.